PEAK Team Spotlight: Dynamic Women Who Make a Difference
In honor of Women’s History Month, we’d like to thank some of the women who help make our company so great! We wouldn’t be where we are today without their dedication and determination, and we’re so proud to have them as part of our PEAK family.
President & Chief Executive Officer
A member of the PEAK team since 2013, Jennifer Gullins has served an integral role during her tenure, previously serving as our VP of Sales & Marketing and now our President & Chief Executive Officer.
● Role: President & Chief Executive Officer
● Favorite thing about PEAK: The people! “The passion, care and dedication the staff bring to work every day keeps the work exciting.”
● A Meaningful Career Moment: “Watching women I have mentored excel in their careers.”
● What advice do you give the next generation of leaders: “Treat each and every person with respect. No job is beneath a leader and it takes everyone rowing the boat to move ahead.”
● What advice would you give a young woman entering this industry: “Do more than is expected of you. Gain exposure to as much of the business as you can. What you learn will be invaluable.”
Inside Sales Manager
Barbara began working with us in 2014 as a sales and event consultant and she now manages the core inside sales team for the north division of PEAK. Her innovative thinking and willingness to learn more makes her an impactful member of our team!
● Role: Manages the core inside sales team for the north division of PEAK, which includes Woburn, Boston, New Hampshire, and Maine
● Favorite thing about PEAK: “I learn something new every single day. It keeps me motivated!”
● Who inspired you to be a leader and why: “My grade school vice principal, Mrs. Kelley. She motivated me to break out of my shy shell and speak up!”
● What’s the biggest factor that has helped you be successful: “I am always in ‘work in progress’ mode. How can I think more creatively, problem solve differently or can I do things more efficiently?”
● How can women develop their leadership skills: “Read, research, and learn. There is always something new to learn.”
Vice President of Sales
With over 20 years of marketing and sales expertise in the event industry, Nichole has served as PEAK’s Vice President of Sales since 2021. As a lifetime learner herself, Nichole inspires us to always learn or do more!
● Role: Vice President of Sales
● Favorite thing about PEAK: The problem-solving! “Our clients rely on us to figure out how to make their dreams come true. The logistics we solve on a daily basis blows my mind. Having a diverse team with many different skill sets truly makes this magic happen.”
● Words of Wisdom: “Find a good personal support system and protect that. These people will be your safety nets.”
● What tactics do you use to maintain a positive attitude: “I am 100% myself. I think this comes with years in the industry but I have nothing up my sleeve. I am the same person to my team, my clients, my friends, and my family.”
● What advice would you give a young woman entering this industry: “Be a sponge! Ask your boss what else you can help with, ask for feedback regularly, take the feedback and change behaviors your manager needs you to change, understand how to crush your goals, and don’t expect to be handed things. Work and communicate for what you want. You are your biggest advocate but you have to be prepared to have hard conversations.”
Credits & Collections Manager
Kelly is our Credits & Collections Manager. Since starting with PEAK in 2017, her consistent and dedicated nature has immensely added to our team.
● Role: Credits & Collections Manager
● Favorite thing about PEAK: “The challenge and exciting growth opportunities!”
● What advice do you give the next generation of leaders: “Good leaders never do it alone. Show your team that you value their hard work.”
● What would you say is your personal definition of success: “To live a life that you don’t need a vacation from.”
● If you had to sit next to a famous woman on a plane for 8 hours – who would it be: “Brené Brown.”
Director of Sales – Core Division
For 16 years, Deanna, now our Director of Sales for the Core Division, has used her talents and teamwork to successfully develop PEAK into the company it is today.
● Role: Director of Sales – Core Division
● Favorite thing about PEAK: “Working with an amazing and highly skilled group of people.”
● Words of Wisdom: “Stepping outside your comfort zone makes you the best version of yourself.”
● What advice would you give a young woman entering this industry: “Be willing and try to learn as much as you can. Always give 110% in everything you do in life.”
● If you had to sit next to a famous woman on a plane for 8 hours – who would it be: “Oprah.”
Senior Tent Sales Manager
As the Senior Tent Sales Manager, Sonja oversees tent consultants, project managers and support staff for our division. Since 2019, her creativity and attentiveness has helped us tent memorable events.
● Role: Senior Tent Sales Manager
● Favorite thing about PEAK: “The insanely cool tent projects that we get to be a part of and partnering with clients who allow us to think outside the box.”
● How can women develop their leadership skills: “Don’t sell yourself short – challenge yourself every day – every moment is a learning moment.”
● What’s the biggest factor that has helped you be successful: “Realizing that it isn’t all about me – it takes the entire team putting in honest efforts and doing the work.”
● When you were a teenager– what did you want to do/be when you grew up: “A Fly Girl on In Living Color.”
Experience Team Director
From pre-event to post-event, Shana, our Experience Team Director since 2015, manages a team of project managers to ensure our clients’ dreams become a reality. Her team player attitude reminds us that we’re all in this together!
● Role: Experience Team Director
● Favorite thing about PEAK: “Our people and the magic they make happen!”
● How do you continuously motivate your team to accomplish their goals: “I get down and dirty with them – play on the same field. I pick up trash, I’ll move chairs, I’ll crawl under a table. We are in it together.”
● What’s the biggest factor that has helped you be successful: “I’ve made mistakes and stumbled – but have always picked myself up, learned from it, and kept it moving forward. Don’t give up. Life is tough – challenges make you stronger.”
● If you had to sit next to a famous woman on a plane for 8 hours – who would it be: “Kris Jenner – I have so many questions…”
Inventory Manager for the Linen Department
Sharon Leal has worked with us for 7 years and currently serves as the Inventory Manager for the Linen Department, using her vast array of talents to maintain our stock and ensure client satisfaction.
● Role: Inventory Manager for the Linen Department
● Motto: “‘Just keep swimming,’ from Dory of Finding Nemo. This quote reminds me to keep moving forward when faced with challenges.”
● What tactics do you use to maintain a positive attitude: “I remind myself that there is always a solution to a problem.”
● If you had to sit next to a famous woman on a plane for 8 hours – who would it be: “Dolly Parton.”
Director of Marketing
Kristen Rollins joined our team in 2017 as the Sr. Marketing Manager and for the past three years has served as the Director of Marketing. Her collaborative leadership and positive attitude motivates us to work as a team to bring our ideas to life.
- Role: Director of Marketing
- Favorite thing about PEAK: “I am constantly inspired by the people I work with day in and day out. I love being surrounded by a team who continually teaches me new things, isn’t afraid to bring new ideas to the table, and collaborates to bring those ideas to life.”
- Name one quality that describes you as a leader: “Collaborative.”
- What advice do you give the next generation of leaders: “Surround yourself with people who you can learn from – especially the team you hire. Everyone has different specialties, passions, and areas of expertise, create a team that highlights and leverages those skills and you can create some magic together.”
- When you were a child – what did you want to do/be when you grew up: “I wanted to work at K-Mart because I thought the store was named after me, or be the mayor of the town I grew up in.”